- FUN - The primary rule, and our primary goal, is that you and others at MAG CON have fun.
- BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS - This is a broad rule that would include: being mindful of your language, not harassing people, not disrupting other people's games, respecting other people's property, attending to your personal hygiene, etc.
- BE RESPECTFUL OF THE FACILITIES - Do not damage the facilities, inside or out. Do not enter unauthorized areas. Do not throw trash on the ground. This space is donated to us, and we want to continue that for years to come.
- WEAPONS - Knives, swords, guns, etc. are not allowed on school property by state law. However, fake, foam, and wooden weapons are allowed, but only for costume purposes. They should not be used in an aggressive manner towards others - in other words don't run around randomly beating people with foam weapons
- SMOKING - Smoking is prohibited on school property by state law. However, there are areas that you can smoke within a very short walking distance (just on the other side of the parking lot)
- DRUGS - Illegal drug use won't be tolerated
CODE OF CONDUCT
Be Inclusive, Have Fun, And Be Safe
All participants are here to have fun and should feel safe and included at all times. All participants (players,Game Masters, and organizers) are expected to adhere to this Code of Conduct.
- Participants must conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to the enjoyment and safety of others at the event.
- Avoid excessively vulgar, sexual, or overly mature language and themes.
- Follow the GMs lead, avoid arguing with the GM or other players over rules.
- Let other players speak, avoid talking over others.
- Allow other players to get attention from the GM.
- Discourage others from using social media to bully, shame, or intimidate other participants.
- Avoid phone conversations at the table. If you must take a call, please excuse yourself from the table until your call is completed.
- No tolerance is given for theft or aggressive behavior.
- Theft and aggressive behavior are grounds for immediate removal from the play area and the premises.
- Aggressive behavior includes threats of or actual physical aggression, using racial, gender, or cultural slurs against another participant, and otherwise harassing other participants.
What To Do?
- Participants who feel as though they are in an unsafe environment should notify the MAGCON STAFF immediately.
- Participants noticing disruptive behavior should make those responsible for the behavior aware of their actions.
- If a participant feels uncomfortable bringing it to the attention of the disruptive individual, the
- participant should notify the GAME Master or MAGCON STAFF immediately.
- The GAME Master has the right to ask a disruptive player to leave the table and speak with CONVENTION STAFF.
- MAGCON STAFF have the right to remove a disruptive or aggressive player or GAME Master from the play area or premises.
Please help us continue MAG CON into the future by following these rules, and exercising common sense in scenarios not governed by these rules. We want MAG CON to maintain a good reputation as a safe place to have fun. We rely on donations for MAG CON to happen. The organizations and companies that support us want to be associated with a positive influence in the community. Thanks.